Traveling young is important because it shapes your worldview. When you travel young, you realize who you are and what you believe in before it’s time to make the big-kid decisions (career, marriage, and all that scary stuff) that will impact the rest of your life. If you were to visit a handful of exotic places before diving into the real world, You would be pretty darn well in touch with yourself and pretty equipped to take on real, adult existence. We’re all young at heart, there’s no bad time to do some soul-searching. Check out, and check off these reasons to get going on the journey of your dreams.
1) It’s easier than you think – We believe that traveling around the world should not be hard, but it should be something everyone should do at least once in their lives. There’s endless websites to help you plan your ideal route or call travel consultant and ask for some advice. You can choose to spend a year or a few months traveling this beautiful planet and seeing what is out there. It’s up to you to make the dream come true and take the first step.
2) It opens your eyes – If you are open to it, travel will simply make you a more well-rounded human being. Which is really the goal, isn’t it? You must learn who you are.Traveling with all the challenges it presents and opportunities, let’s you discover who you are in a way that only the road brings.
3)It will create meaningful relationships – People you meet while on the road usually become some of the most valued ones in your address book, giving you points on the map to visit later on. These folks give you a glimpse outside your hometown circle of friends, forcing you into new and refreshing perspectives on things.
4)It will develop skills you didn’t know you had – The satisfaction you get when reaching the top of the mountain, or crossing a gorge, or helping a villager clean up after a storm, or simply getting what you wanted at restaurant in rural China, these things all allow access to skill sets you didn’t know you had.
5)Learn new languages – There’s something satisfying about being able to throw around a few words of Greek, knowing how to say hello and thanks in Thai, pulling out that long dormant Spanish to book a room in Santiago, or simply hearing a language you didn’t know existed just a few weeks before.
6)As a transition – If you happen to be between jobs, schools, kids, or relationships, around the world travel can be a perfect way to separate these life stages, give you insight into your next phase and provide closure on the last one. Plus there’ll be a nice time stamp on that moment in your life.
7) The cool stories – Don’t fancy yourself a storyteller? If anyone says “why travel” at a party, you’ll be able to outline why with any one of the many travel stories you’ll come home with. Even if they seemed trivial when they happened, nostalgia will create an epic spin around getting your laundry done in Zanzibar.
8) To prove to yourself you can – If you’re the kind of person to dream big, and simply by reading this website you’ve proven that you are, you’re probably also the kind to reach for new challenges. Finishing a trip gives you the satisfaction that you were able to accomplish what you set out to do. And to give you energy to set up the next challenge too.
9) Dreams come true – If you want to do it now you’ve probably always wanted to. You imagined it, daydreamed about it, envisioned it. Guess what? Now’s the time to do it. You need to travel, Pack your bags and Let’s go.