Top 5 Watch Companies
Here at Boca Raton Pawn we see all kinds of high end luxury Swiss watches. We see the most common like Rolex and TAG Heuer and we see the rarest like Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet. But which companies are the best? The following are the top 5 watch companies in the world.
5. Breitling SA – Breitling watches have been around for over 100 years, but it wasn’t until recently that they have become this popular. Breitling watches have been associated with aviation since their inception in 1884. A majority of their watches include chronograph movement and two time zone functions. Their oversize cases make Breitling extremely popular in today’s day. While they only started making in-house movements recently they have been a standard for luxury watch making for generations.
4. Officine Panerai – Panerai was founded over 150 years ago in 1860. Panerai started out making watches for the military and later evolved into making luxury watches for the common man. Panerai, like other watches, have become very popular lately because of the oversize watch trend. Most of their watches are over 40mm and some can be 50mm or bigger. Panerai has an excellent reputation for making incredibly accurate movements. Watch connoisseurs would agree that Panerai is one of the best watch companies in the world.
3. Audemars Piguet – Audemars has had one of the best reputations in the luxury watch industry for years now. They make all kinds of watches from classic dress watches to luxury sport models. Some of their tourbillion movement watches retail for $100,000 or more. Audemars is known for having excellent movements and some of the most stylish watches in the market. In fact, many other companies like Hublot have very similar designs to the Royal Oak line of the Audemars brand. They are truly a gold standard for high end luxury watches.
2. Rolex SA – Rolex is the obvious second choice. They have been mass producing high end luxury watches for the last 100 years. As of 2007 they were producing 2,000 watches per day! This is by far the most of any high end watch brand. What makes Rolex so amazing is that even with so many watches in the market place they still demand a high price. This goes to show the universal love of the design and quality of the Rolex watch. When you think of a high end watch you think Rolex. That’s just how it is, and how it will be into the future.
1. Patek Philippe & Co. – Patek Philippe his the luxury watch of luxury watches. It is the cream of the crop. There is no disputing Patek as the best company. Other watches compare themselves against a Patek. Between the craftsmanship, design, and durability Patek always wins. It’s not uncommon to find a Patek Philippe running like new 50-100 years after it was made. They are an innovator of watches and always set the standard for others to follow. If you want to buy a watch that will last for generations, buy a Patek.