Cool Facts About Diamonds
We all know the diamonds are a symbol of love, romance, power and wealth. When it comes to jewelry, any piece that have diamonds are most likely to be worth more and be more desirable than any other pieces. But, how much do you know about the diamonds you see at jewelry stores. Do you know what they are, where they come from, what is the process to make a diamond look so gorgeous? Cool Facts About Diamonds
We know most of the people don’t really care about these facts. When it comes to diamonds, for most people, what matters is the size and the sparkle on the stone. If you are some of those people who want to know more about diamonds, we made a list of the most interesting facts about diamonds we found. Some of these facts you probably know already, but some others will make you stunned. Like this one, did you know that to produce a single one-carat diamond, 250 tons of earth will be mined??
- The word “Diamond” comes from the Greek word “Adamas” and means “unconquerable and indestructible”
- The largest diamond ever found was the Cullinan at 3106 carats
- The diamond is a birthstone for people born in the month of April
- Most diamonds found in nature are between one to three billion years old.
- 80% of the world’s diamonds are not suitable for jewelry.
- Diamonds were first discovered in India and then in Brazil.
- For every 1,000 polished diamonds, only one weighs more than one carat.
- Around 26,000 kilograms (57,000 lb) of diamonds are mined around the world every year. They are worth billions of dollars to the powerful companies that control their production.
- Diamond has a hardness of 10 on Mohs scale of mineral hardness, with 1 being the softest (talc) and 10 being the hardest.
- Diamonds form 90 – 120 miles beneath the surface of the earth and are carried to the surface by volcanic eruptions
If you are interested in buying diamond jewelry but does not want to pay full retail price, go with the best option around, buy it pre-owned. Pre-owned jewelry is the best option if you are looking to save big bucks. Go to a pawn shop in Boca Raton and get the best deal when buying pre-owned jewelry.